Full-time Diesel Technology Instructor - Responsible for teaching first-year Diesel students at Mid-Plains Community College – North Platte. Works cooperatively with second-year instructor to ensure a quality diesel education. MPCC is looking for someone to deliver an engaging curriculum with high standards of excellence and someone that will be looking for innovative and creative ways to reach students and continue the growth of the Diesel program. Required: AAS Degree in Diesel Technology and two years of current experience in the automotive or diesel field. Preferred: ASE Certification in Medium/Heavy truck and teaching experience.
Preferable skills for the position include, but are not limited to:
- A passion and commitment to teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of current practices in diesel technology and the ability to demonstrate them through a variety of instructional techniques.
- Practical experience in the diesel technology industry.
- Ability to provide training for a variety of students through classroom instruction, demonstration and practical lab experiences.
- Use of technology for instruction, such as computer, internet resources, etc.
- Willingness to provide leadership in a team environment to develop a modern diesel technology department that reflects state of the art instruction and lab experiences.
- Willingness to serve on department, division and college-wide committees.
- This position will be responsible for teaching courses in Diesel Engines, Air Conditioning, Electrical and Electronics, Hydraulics, Welding and Hydraulic Brakes.
Mid-Plains Community College, a legislatively designated 18-county district in West-Central Nebraska, is a comprehensive, open access, public, two-year community college system that offers associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. MPCC consists of three main campuses, one located in McCook, Nebraska and two located in North Platte, Nebraska. Additionally, there are community campus sites in Broken Bow, Imperial, Ogallala and Valentine with satellite classrooms located throughout the area.
MPCC has a tremendous benefits package! This includes fully funded health insurance-( with zero premium cost and your choice of low deductible or money contributed to an HSA!,) dental, paid life insurance, vision, Flex account availability, Accident, Dependent Life, Pet Insurance availability, up 9% retirement match, and more! In addition to this, we provide a very generous leave package, to include vacation, personal, sick, bereavement, and professional development time. Our Full-time employees are also eligible for Tuition Reimbursement and for themselves or their dependents, Tuition waiver for MPCC tuition is available! MPCC is a first-choice employer for our region!
Send a (1) letter of interest,(2)current resume, (3) unofficial transcripts, and (4) a completed MPCC application form (available at www.mpcc.edu) to MPCC Human Resources, 1101 Halligan Drive, North Platte, NE 69101. Fax: 308-534-5770. Only complete application packets will be considered. Review of applications will begin February 17, 2020. The position begins August 17, 2020.