Awards > Associate of Applied Science
Associate of Applied Science | Awards
The Associate of Applied Science Degree is designed to prepare students through a comprehensive program of study in a specific occupation to enter the work force upon graduation.
Each program has its own detailed course requirements that must be completed. Please refer to the specific AAS program suggested sequence of study, or contact an advisor or the division chair of the program for assistance.
Degree requirements include:
- A minimum of 60 semester credit hours of coursework.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0.
- The student must complete 30 semester credit hours or the last 15 semester credit hours required for graduation at MPCC.
- All required courses of a program must be completed, including a minimum of 15 semester hours of general education courses.
- All financial obligations to the college must be fulfilled.
- Meet with an advisor to initiate Intent to Graduate prior to the completion of requirements. Awards will be conferred in May, August, or December.
- Student participation in the commencement exercises is required unless excused for a valid reason by the Dean of Student Life on each campus. Commencement exercises are held each year at the close of the spring semester.
Commencement exercises are held each year at the close of the spring semester.
Programs that Offer the Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Auto Body Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Building Construction Technology
- Business Technology
- Dental Assisting
- Diesel Technology
- Early Childhood Education
- Electrical Technology
- Electro-Mechanical Technology
- EMT- Paramedic
- Fire Safety Technology
- Graphic Design
- Heating Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology
- Information Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Nebraska Law Enforcement
- Welding Technology