Become A Student > Reverse Transfer
Reverse Transfer | Become a Student
MPCC’s Reverse Transfer Program can help you finish what you started at MPCC, even after you transfer on to a four-year institution.
We understand that there are many reasons why you may have transferred on prior to completing your associate degree, but we want to ensure you earn credit where credit is due!
MPCC’s Reverse Transfer Program allows you to:
- Transfer credits back to MPCC that were earned at a four-year institution
- Apply those credits towards completion of a degree, diploma, or certificate at MPCC
Why Should Reverse Transfer Matter to You?
Completing your associate degree has many potential benefits:
- Increase your value to employers
- Improve job prospects while you finish your bachelor’s degree
- Distinguish yourself from job seekers who haven’t completed a degree
- Reduce amount of coursework needed at some four-year institutions
- Reduce the amount of coursework needed at your transfer institution
- Consult with your transfer institution for details on specific polices
- Achieve a bachelor’s degree
- Increase probability of completing your bachelor’s degree
- Boost your earning potential
Do I Meet the Eligibility Criteria?
- Must have completed at least 15 credit hours at MPCC *
- Must have minimum of 2.0 GPA
- Must have earned transfer credit at four-year institution with grade of “C” or higher
*Minimum number of credits required for degree completion may vary depending on specific degree requirements
What are the Next Steps?
- Complete an Official Transcript Request Form from your transfer institution
- Select your transfer institution from the links below
If not listed contact the institution’s Records and Registration Department directly
- Complete a request to have your OFFICIAL transcripts sent to:
Reverse Transfer Advisor
Mid-Plains Community College
1101 Halligan Dr
North Platte, NE 69101
Transfer Institutions List
- American Public University
- Bellevue University
- Bryan College of Health Sciences
- Chadron State College
- Clarkson College
- Doane College
- Fort Hays State University
- Hastings College
- Midland University
- Nebraska Methodist College
- Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Peru State University
- University of Nebraska at Lincoln
- University of Nebraska at Kearney
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- University of Phoenix
- University of Wyoming
- Wayne State University
- Institution not listed
If your transfer institution is not listed, please contact the institution’s Records and Registration Department for details on how to request official transcripts
What if I Still Need a Few Classes?
You may have started your degree at MPCC, transferred on to a four-year institution, but still need to take a few courses to complete your associate degree requirements. If this is the case then you may qualify for our Reverse Transfer Scholarship!
If you’re eligible, the Reverse Transfer Scholarship could help:
- Pay for tuition and fees for the 2014 Summer Semester
- For additional information and details on eligibility requirements contact Karla Coellner at 308-535-3649 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call or e-mail TODAY because time is running out!
For more information about the Reverse Transfer Program contact us @ 800-658-4308!
Important to Note: Sending MPCC your transfer institution transcript does not guarantee that you will be granted a degree. The transcripts and course work submitted will be evaluated by MPCC to determine whether or not a student has fulfilled the associate degree requirements as set forth by MPCC. The decision to grant a degree remains up to MPCC discretion and policy. In order to receive a degree, students must also submit a graduation intent form through My CampusWeb. In addition, applying for the Reverse Transfer Scholarship does not guarantee scholarship funding.