Student Resources > Career Services
Career Services | Student Resources
Offering the following services to you!
Career Planners and Vocational Evaluations
- Careers Planners
- Vocational Evaluations (agency referral)
- CareerScope Assessments
- Self Assessments
- Careers Counseling
- Labor Market & Wage Data
- Nebraska Career Information System (NCIS)
Many career fields require specialized testing to certify your abilities. We are an approved test center for the following tests/assessments and companies:
- ASE-Automotive Service Excellence
- Castle World Wide
- ISO Quality Testing
- MOS (Microsoft Office) Certification
- Pearson VUE
- Other specialized testing available
Does the thought of writing a resume or cover letter terrify you? Let the Career Service Center staff provide assistance. Stop by and see examples to help you create your own professional resume.
The Career Services Center serves as a resource for you in finding employment. We can help you locate job openings. Check CampusWeb, your email and your College Central?account regularly for opportunities available locally as well as nationally.
A Career Academy is a blend of high school and Mid-Plains Community College classes directed at a specific career field or pathway. These classes prepare a student for post-secondary education or entry into a chosen career. An Academy also includes work-related experiences.
In an academy you can explore and learn about your chosen career field, get experiences in the real world of work, take classes offered in your chosen career field and earn college credit while still in high school.
The academy must have:
1. Three or more approved courses.
2. At least one class must be a cap- stone course. A capstone course is one that students take for college credit or results in a national certification.
3. The academy must have documented work place experiences. 10-12 hours of job shadowing, guest speakers, tours, virtual tours, and or other job related opportunities.
Click for more Career Academy Information.
Middle School and High School Career Programs
We work with the guidance counselor at your school to schedule our Career Exploration and Career Pathways programs. These programs involve interest and aptitude screening, as well as career exploration.
Access to These Services*
- COMPASS Placement Testing
- GED Testing
- Adult Basic Education/ESL services
- ADA accommodations
- Transition Services for single parents, displaced homemakers, and non-traditional career students
- Workkeys Job Profiling
*Check availability of services at each campus location.
The Careers Services Center staff can utilize a variety of screening assessments to help you discover your own strengths, interests, values and aptitudes.
Choosing a Career!
Choosing a career is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. Taking time to explore several career paths can help you find a fulfilling career.
The Career Services Center can assist you in selecting a rewarding career by using various assessments to identify your interests, abilities, and values.
The center also has resources that will allow you to explore the projected job outlook, salary level, education required and schools offering training in your area of interest.
Contact Career Services
North Platte-North Campus: 308.535.3618 or 800.658.4308 ext. 3618
North Platte-South Campus: 308.535.3731 or 800.658.4308 ext. 3731
McCook 308.345.8128 or 800.658.4348 ext. 8128
Broken Bow: 308.872.5259