International Students > To Do List
To do List | International Students
Below is a helpful to do list of what must be completed to make your transition to Mid-Plains Community College as easy as possible.
- Complete and submit International Student Application
- Submit TOEFL scores (or letter from high school stating English is your native language)
- Written notification from a bank (translated into US dollars) as evidence of your ability to maintain yourself financially while attending MPCC for one calendar year of study, exclusive of all travel expenses is required. If a student has a scholarship the amount that must be shown in the bank will be prorated. Please work with an International student Advisor to determine the actually amount you will be required to show for your financial support.
- If a sponsor is funding your education, an affidavit of support is required, as well as a current copy of your sponsor’s bank statement verifying in US dollars the specified minimum amount required for your first year of attendance at MPCC. Please work with an international Student Advisor to determine the actual amount you will be required to show for your financial support.
- A deposit is due with the application for admission and other supporting materials. The deposit is to cover tuition, fees, room/board and books for one academic semester. If you are denied a visa or decide not to attend MPCC, $100 will be withheld for processing charges and the remaining amount will be refunded. For specifics on the deposit please contact an International Student Advisor.
- Written verification form an American or International Insurance company that the applicant is covered for physician’s care, hospitalization, and major medical costs while in the U. S. is required.
- Acquire visa (incudes pay SEVIS 1-901 fee, and making appointment with nearest embassy to request F-1 visa.)
- Arrange for transportation to Nebraska
- Arrange for power of attorney (or similar arrangements) for your personal and/or financial accounts for the time you are away from your home country
- Pack clothing, toiletries, personal items
- Meet with international advisor on arrival
- Take Compass (if no acceptable placement test has been completed prior to arrival)
- Register for classes (if not completed prior to arrival via email communication)