Accreditation Shortcut Links:
Higher Learning Commission
Mid-Plains Community College is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). The HLC is an independent corporation and one of two commission members of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), which was founded in 1895 as one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Higher Learning Commission accredits, and thereby grants membership in the Commission and in the North Central Association, degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region.
The Commission’s Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) infuses the principles and benefits of continuous improvement into the culture of colleges and universities by providing an alternative process through which an already-accredited institution can maintain its accreditation. An institution in AQIP demonstrates how it meets accreditation standards and expectations through a sequence of events that align with the ongoing activities of an institution striving to improve its performance. AQIP is structured around quality improvement principles and processes and involves a structured set of goal-setting, networking, and accountability activities including AQIP’s Strategy Forums, Systems Appraisals, and various other processes.
Read the Commission’s Introduction to AQIP.
The Systems Portfolios cover the nine AQIP Categories, describing processes, results, and improvement in each system, and shows evidence that the institution continues to meet The Higher Learning Commission’s five Criteria for Accreditation.
View the Systems Portfolio
Supplemental Data for the Systems Portfolio:
- ACT Student Opinion Survey – College Services
- ACT Student Opinion Survey – Academics
- ACT Student Opinion Survey – Rules & Policies
- ACT Student Opinion Survey – General
- PACE Survey – Top Ten Mean Scores
- PACE Survey – Bottom Ten Mean Scores
- Employer Assessment of Training and Work Ethic
- Graduate Survey Information from MPCC Completion Report 2009-2010
- Sample Assessment Matrix – Automotive
- Sample Assessment Matrix – Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning
- Sample Assessment Matrix – Nursing (ADN)
- College Entrance Exam Cut Scores and Course Placements
- Results for Learning Support Processes
- Processes for Recruitment and Hiring
- Leadership and Communication at MPCC
- College-wide Safety Responsibilities by Department
- Evidence of Accomplishments for Strategic Plan 2009-2012
- MPCC Relationship Building Processes with Student Sending Organization
Systems Appraisal Feedback Report, which shows the institution how the team understood its distinctive mission, context, and goals, and provides feedback on each of the nine AQIP Categories, identifying what the team sees as the institution’s strengths and opportunities for improvement.
AQIP action projects are specific improvement initiatives that show a serious commitment to a regimen of continuous improvement.
A summary of current and past action projects are listed below. Click on project titles to see reports.
Table of Current and Past Action Projects
AQIP Core Team
Marcus Garstecki, Ryan Purdy, Michele Gill, Heather Harvie, Nicole Kissinger, Aaron McLean, Becky Meyers, Tad Pfeifer, Angela Raby, Chad Swanson, Cindy Odean