Do you enjoy making something from nothing?
Are fine craftsmanship and attention to detail qualities that you appreciate in a project?
Then consider the Building Construction Technology program at MPCC.
As a Mid-Plains student, you will receive one-on-one instruction and gain real-world
experience by building homes from the ground up. You will train on every aspect of residential construction – everything from site
preparation, concrete work, framing, roofing and siding to drywalling, painting, flooring
and installing soffit, fascia, trim and tile.
By the time you graduate, you will be creating cabinets and making furniture using
both traditional methods and state-of-the-art CNC router techniques. You’ll be a pro
at wood manufacturing, such as sign-making and the production of special house trim
pieces and decorative items.
Regardless of what you decide to, whether it’s building and remodeling single-family residences, coordinating home design or completing custom finish work, your future starts at Mid-Plains.
Graduate with little to no college debt, with the assistance of these program-based
Applied Technologies Student
- NPCC Foundation Dorothy Yont Scholarship
- NPCC Foundation Sorenson Technical Scholarship
- NPCC Foundation Technical Faculty Scholarship
- NPCC Foundation John & Mary Hunter Technical Scholarship
- Technical Student Preferably In Trade and Industrial Field
- NPCC Foundation Trew-Shoemaker Scholarship Fund
- Full-Time Building Construction Student from Lincoln County
- B. L. Slim Hebblewaite
Other scholarships are available. Ask your enrollment counselor for details.
Scholarship awards vary from $500-$2,000 per year.