Nebraska Career Scholarship
Looking for a high wage and high demand career? Mid-Plains Community College in partnership with the Nebraska Department of Economic Development, is offering scholarships to first-time freshmen and first-time transfer students wishing to pursue degrees in programs of study leading to high wage, high skill, and high demand careers. Awards up to $3,000 per school year are available and is renewable for up to three years for students who remain eligible.
- Apply for Admission
- Complete the Nebraska Career Scholarships online application
- Be a Nebraska resident
- First-time student enrolling at MPCC or first-time transfer student
- Enrolled in an approved program of study:
- Accounting (AAS or Certificate)
- Administrative Assistant (AAS)
- Agribusiness (AAS or Certificate)
- Business Administration (AAS or Certificate)
- Business Software Specialist (Certificate)
- Business/Office Technology (Diploma or Certificate)
- Entrepreneurship (AAS or Certificate)
- Leadership (Certificate)
- Legal Administrative Assistant (Certificate)
- Logistics (AAS or Certificate)
- Marketing (Certificate)
- Medical Administrative Assistant (AAS or Certificate)
- Medical Coding and Billing (Certificate)
- Medical Documentation Specialist (Certificate)
- Nonprofit Management (Certificate)
- PC Support/Network Technology (AAS, Diploma, or Certificate)
- Electrical Technology (AAS or Diploma)
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Technology (AAS, Diploma, or Certificate)
- Electrical Automation Control (AAS)
- Automotive Technology (AAS, Diploma, or Certificate)
- Diesel Technology (AAS, Diploma, or Certificate)
- Emergency Medical Services (AAS or Diploma)
- Medical Laboratory Technician (AAS)
- Nursing (ADN or LPN)
- Welding Technology (AAS or Diploma)
Nebraska Career Scholarship Application
Scholarship awards are up to $3,000 per person per academic year.
Scholarship recipients will need to:
- Be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours or more)
- Student must meet with an advisor at least once per semester
- Engage in MPCC career coaching
- Complete a work-based learning experience with a Nebraska-based employer
- Participate in post-training outcomes surveys administered by the Nebraska Department of Economic Development or MPCC for up to five (5) quarters after program completion
- Sign the statement of commitment form and return to the Financial Aid office.
No, only Nebraska residents are eligible for this scholarship.
Yes, the Nebraska Career Scholarship has the potential to be renewable for a maximum of three years for students who maintain eligibility. To ensure ongoing eligibility, a student must maintain a 2.00 cumulative GPA.
Scholarship recipients must also continue enrollment in one of the approved Nebraska Career Scholarship programs of study identified by MPCC. Should a scholarship recipient elect to change his/her program of study to one not eligible for Nebraska Career Scholarship funds, the student will no longer receive the scholarship beginning the following term.
Qualifying expenses include tuition, fees, books, room and board, required tools and equipment.
First-time students are defined as individuals who are enrolling in a for-credit program of study or a non-credit workforce training program who have not been previously enrolled in a post-secondary institution in the past three years and have not previously earned a post-secondary credential.
*Prior participation in high school dual credit courses does not count as previous attendance at a postsecondary institution. Students who enroll in a fall term and enrolled in college for the first time in the prior summer term are also eligible.*
Transfer students are individuals who have one or more college credits, who have not previously earned a post-secondary credential, and who have transferred their enrollment from one or more institutions of higher education to the participating community college with continuous enrollment.