The Dental Assisting program at MPCC is supported by state-of-the-art equipment, facilities,
and individualized instruction that offers students the real world, hands-on training
necessary to become highly-skilled experts in assisting dentists. The end result is
a skill that will last a lifetime.
This is an 11-month program with a course of study leading to a diploma. The focus
of the program is preparing students to work with the dentist at chairside during
examination and treatment of patients.
Dental assisting graduates are also certified to perform Coronal Polishing and Dental
Radiography (dental x-rays) in the state of Nebraska. Additionally, they are eligible
to sit for the national certification examination administered by the Dental Assisting
NPCC’s Dental Assisting program is nationally accredited by the American Dental Association by the Commission on Dental Accreditation. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted by mail, 211 East Chicago Ave., Chicago, IL 60611 or phone, (312) 440-4653 or (800) 621-8099.
Employment opportunities include private dental offices, hospital dental departments, public nursing homes, health agencies, private clinics, dental schools, the federal government, and the Armed Forces.
Dental Assisting Diploma is $5500 (not including room and board)
Prior to admission to the program you will need to:
1) apply to the college,
2) complete the Dental Assisting Program Application
3) have two two professional references filling out a reference form and write a short letter of recommendation
4) interview with the Dental Assisting Program Director
After admission to the program you will need to:
1) submit a signed Dental Assisting Program Essential Functions
2) provide a copy of your Immunization Record
3) purchase the Dental Assisting book package
4) purchase 3 sets of scrubs and 1 lab jacket