The Physical Education program is designed as an introduction for students interested in a career in teaching, coaching, athletics, health, recreation, or sport related field. Once you have completed your two years at MPCC, you will have the ability to transition to a four-year institution to earn your bachelor’s degree and join a fun, challenging and rewarding career field.
- Teaching Opportunities - Elementary/Middle/High School, College Instructor, Adapted Physical Education.
- Community/Corporate Recreation Programs
- Coaching Opportunities- Interscholastic Programs, Intercollegiate Programs, Professional Programs, Community/Commercial Sports Teams
- Sports Media Opportunities- Sports Journalism, Photography, Writing, Broadcasting, Art.
- Fitness and Health Related Opportunities- Cardiac Rehab, Sports Medicine, Personal Trainer, Sports Nutrition, Athletic Training, Community Fitness Programs
- Sports Management Opportunities - Athletic Administration, Sports Facility Management, Community Recreation, Intramurals/Campus Recreation, Sports Information, Sports Retailing, Resort Management Recreation, Corporate Recreation, Health Club Management.
- Sport-Related Opportunities- Sports Law, Sports Agent, Professional Athlete, Sports Psychologist, Sports Officiating, Sports Statistician, Sports Retail.
AAS: $7,080 - $7.434; Certificate: $1,888 - $2,124
The Physical Education track at MPCC is designed to introduce students to everything a Physical Education/Kinesiology degree can provide, with the intention of transferring to a four year institution and completing their Bachelor of Science Degree.