At Mid-Plains Community College, the Career Services staff can be an excellent resource in developing and working your career plan. We’re here to assist you in taking career-building steps that begin in middle school, continue as you become a student in one of our programs, and persist throughout your life. We encourage all potential students, students and alumni to contact us for any of, but not limited to, the following services:
- Career assessment and discussion regarding which program could be a good fit for you
- Occupational and job market information
- Some of the sites we use for career assessment and discussion:
- Assistance with resume and cover letters
- Interviewing tips and practice
- Employer recruiting on-campus
- Job fairs
- Job shadowing
- Build connections, search jobs, post a resume, and more on our Handshake job board.
- Many career fields require specialized testing to certify your abilities. We are an approved test center for a variety of test companies. Please contact us to find out if we can offer the test you need!
- A sampling of the test companies we are approved for:
- The Career Services Center is one of the locations where students can schedule their ACCUPLACER placement testing.
- If you have taken the ACT, SAT or MAP testing within the past 3 years, we are also able to accept those scores for placement purposes. Please contact us for more information if you have questions.
- The Career Services Center offers college credit-by-exam testing services through CLEP and Dantes/DSST.
Career Programs for Secondary Schools
- We work with the guidance counselors at our area middle schools and high schools to bring our Career Exploration and Career Maneuvers programs to students FREE of charge. These programs involve interest and aptitude screening, career exploration, and – if they are scheduled on our campuses – also include tours of our campuses.