The Profession that creates all others! That is the role of teachers in society. No
other profession has the potential to positively impact the lives of individuals like
that of the teaching profession.
The Education courses at MPCC are designed to prepare students to transfer directly
into a Bachelor program as a junior, ready to apply to Teacher College. Faculty advisors
work closely with you to design a program of study that fits your goals and maximizes
your transfer options.
Join the ranks of many successful educators throughout the nation and begin your education degree at MPCC
According to the Nebraska State Education Association NSEA.
There are teacher shortages in Nebraska for the following areas:
- Career and Technical Education (Includes: Agriculture Education, Business, Marketing & Information Technology, Family and Consumer Science, and Industrial Technology/Skilled and Technical Science)
- Early Childhood Education
- English as Second Language/ English Language Learners
- Health and/or Physical Education
- Language Arts (Includes: English Language Arts, Journalism and Media Education, Reading & Writing, Reading Specialist, Secondary English, and Speech/Theatre)
- Music – Instrumental/Vocal
- Sciences (Includes: Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Space Science, Physics, Science)
- Special Education (Includes: Behavior Intervention, Deaf or Hard of Hearing, Early Childhood Sped, Early Intervention, Functional Academic Skills, Inclusion and Collaboration, Secondary Transition, Special Ed General, Visual Impairment)
- World Language (Includes: American Sign Language, Any language other than English, not including computer languages)
Faculty advisors work closely with students to design a program of study that helps them reach their career goals. Each 4 year college/University has different requirements so meeting with faculty early and often ensures you are on the right path to your future.
Before working with children in practicum settings students must, pass a finger print screening through the State Patrol, and have clearance on the Child and Adult Abuse Registry.