Many times, individuals must delay their pursuit of a college education, or they have their college enrollment interrupted by life’s circumstances. At McCook Community College, financial aid is available through the Non-Traditional Grants and Scholarship Programs. These grants and scholarships, funded 50% by the McCook College Foundation and 50% by the Mary Brady Estate, are available to non-traditional students either enrolling initially, or continuing their college studies.
- Each year, up to 30 grants of $800 can be awarded to non-traditional students enrolling at MCC either part or full-time.
- The application, review, and selection processes are administered by MCC’s Student Financial Aid Director.
- Students receive $400 for two semesters, and must earn a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) the first semester to qualify for the second half of the award.
- Grants are awarded primarily based on need.
- Each year, up to 10 scholarships of $1,600 can be awarded to full-time students
- Applicants must have completed 24 credit hours or more at MCC within the last 5 years with a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement.
- Students receive $800 for two consecutive semesters, must be registered for 12 or more credit hours, and maintain a 2.5 GPA.
- In addition to the one year $1,600 Non-Traditional Scholarship, the recipient will receive $500 in Walsh Brady funds each semester to be used for other direct college costs.
To request the Non-Traditional Grant and/or Scholarship Guidelines and application, or to visit with someone regarding your questions, please contact:
McCook Community College
Financial Aid Office
1205 East 3rd Street
McCook, NE 69001
1-800-658-4348 or 308-345-8111