MPCC offering class about commercial trucking compliance
Mid-Plains Community College will offer a class about the rules and regulations of compliance in the commercial trucking industry next month.
The Other Side of the Wheel is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (CST) June 3. Instruction will be live at the MPCC Valentine Campus and streamed to MPCC campuses in Broken Bow, Imperial, Ogallala, McCook and North Platte.
Sessions will include information about:
- Obtaining and maintaining a U.S. Department of Transportation Number (USDOT#).
- Staying International Registration Plan (IRP) and International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) compliant.
- Setting up an account with the Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS) to make timely tax deposits.
- The ins and outs of Electronic Logging Devises (ELDs).
- When and how to file a United Carrier Registration (UCR).
- Heavy use tax review of filing Form 2290.
- The decision “to LLC or not to LLC,” and what to do if making that change.
- Oversize/Overweight/Special Use permits - when you need them and how to get them.
- Agricultural trucking exemptions.
- How to establish compliant Drug and Alcohol Testing policies.
- Trip sheets - who needs them and why.
Michelle Witt Moore will teach the class. The fee is $99.