Transfer to MPCC

A student who has attended a regionally-accredited post-secondary institution other than MPCC must submit:

  • MPCC Admissions Application
  • Official high school transcript indicating graduation date or official GED transcript
  • Official college transcript with degree conferred if applicable
  • Placement exam if needed for program or coursework

How to Transfer Credits to MPCC

Students who have attended a post-secondary institution within the United States and wish to receive an evaluation of credit prior to attending MPCC must request official transcripts from all previous regionally-accredited colleges or universities attended to the address below at least 30 days prior to registration:

Attn: Transfer Credit Evaluations
Mid-Plains Community College
1205 E 3rd St
McCook NE 69001

Electronic Transcripts

If your previous institution uses an eTranscript service, select or enter "Mid-Plains Community College" as the transcript recipient, or if an e-mail address is required, please request an official copy of your transcript be sent to Transcripts received directly from the student are deemed unofficial.

International Credit Transfer

For evaluation of transfer credit from institutions outside of the United States, the student is responsible for requesting a detailed course-by-course report be sent to the address above from an approved credential evaluating service agency. The current MPCC approved agencies are:

What happens next?

Once your transfer evaluation is complete, an e-mail will be sent to your MPCC e-mail address notifying you that your transfer credit has been posted onto your MPCC student record and viewable on your unofficial transcript in CampusWeb. 

The student's "Degree Audit" in CampusWeb will summarize institutional requirements and indicate how the transfer credit applies to these requirements.

How will my course transfer to MPCC?

MPCC Transfer Guide

The MPCC Transfer Guide lists common transfer courses from regionally-accredited institutions within the United States. If you are not seeing your courses or institution listed within this guide, please contact Registration and Records at (308)345-8110 for assistance.

Grade Transfer Policy

Courses from regionally-accredited institutions in which a grade equivalent to “C” or above has been earned will be considered for transfer credit to Mid-Plains Community College. College courses in which a grade equivalent to a “C-” or below has been earned will not be considered for transfer credit. Grades and courses taken at other institutions will not replace grades in equivalent courses taken at MPCC. Some MPCC programs require a C+ or above in order to meet program requirements.

Questions about transfer credit evaluations?

Contact Registration & Records: